Make a direct impact and gain an experience of a lifetime...
Organic Savanna is a social enterprise that directly funds the programs at the Karibu Centre in Thika, Kenya. We are currently looking for volunteers to join us during our next opportunity, May 9-28, 2018! New volunteers are always welcome! You can also contact us if you are interested in volunteering during another time.
Volunteering at the Karibu Centre is an immersive experience as you will get the unique opportunity to engage and develop relationships with the Kenyan community and culture. We are always looking for people to bring their professional skills and put them to good use, building the next generation of Kenyan boys and girls.
In addition to skills-based projects you will also have the opportunity to engage with our full range of programs, from lending a helping hand in the classroom to planting organic vegetables in the farm. During your stay you will interact with local communities, experience the rural beauty and tribal culture of Kenya, and have the option to go on safari after your stay.
- Organic Savanna Social Enterprise
- Sustainable Farming
- STEM & Coding Clubs
- Early Childhood Education
- Job Preparedness and Professional Development for Adults
- Web Design
- Product Sales
- Curriculum Development
- Marketing and Social Media
- Organic Farming
- Mentorship and Coaching
- Copy-Writing and Content Development
- Hardware Maintenance
- Computer Hardware Maintenance
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building
Accommodations and Meals
Guest rooms are securely situated within the Karibu Centre’s lovely 10-acre property and ideally located in close proximity to the three villages that our programs serve.
With a view overlooking pineapple plantations and the river valley below, our accommodations offer a quiet place to rest after a day of volunteering and spending time with the children.
The Karibu Centre provides breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared by the talented Karibu Kitchen Crew. Simple but tasty meals consist of fresh tropical fruits, vegetables from the farm, traditional Kenyan dishes, as well as standard western fare. Typical snack food items can also be easily purchased at a supermarket nearby.
- 14 bed guest house (11 private rooms)
- Hot showers
- Western toilets
- Sitting room
- Towels and bed linens-
- Laundry service upon request
- Mosquito nets
Our Volunteer Stories
- A Day in the Life of a Volunteer
- Salesforce.org International Development Partnership
- How a Trip to Kenya Changed the Way I Volunteer
- Karibu to Kenya! - How I Spend My Volunteer Time Off
- Technology for Early Childhood Information
- Exciting Work at the Karibu Centre in Thika
- Giving Back and Getting More in Return - Mario's Trip to Africa
Want more information? Want to sign up?
Contact us here!