Marketing Intern [Remote / Global]
We are looking for a passionate, strategic, and impact-driven student (or recent grad) to join our team as Marketing Intern.This is a great opportunity to work on a small team, where you’ll be able to learn all aspects of marketing for an e-commerce brand while also making a positive impact. You'll have to opportunity to work directly with our Marketing Director and founder to help expand Organic Savanna's digital reach. While the internship is unpaid, it is available in exchange for course credit and ongoing career mentorship.
Organic Savanna is a Kenyan social enterprise and all-natural skincare brand with a mission to empower people. Our story grew from the simple idea that products should not only be made well but should also do good and empower people. In response to the hardship and unemployment we saw in our local community we started Organic Savanna as a way of empowering local women and their families to thrive. We reinvest 100% of our profits from each handmade product directly back into the communities around us.
The Organic Savanna product range includes all-natural bath, body and skincare, hand poured soy candles, and a growing collection of sustainable home products. We strive to use 100% recycled, recyclable and reusable materials as part of our packaging.
Scope & Responsibilities
As Marketing Intern, your tasks and daily responsibilities will include:
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution
- Assist with updating weekly trackers for social and website performance. Measure and report the results of marketing initiatives.
- Liaise with partners on upcoming promotions, new products, etc.
- Provide support with partnership and business development outreach.
- Research and evaluate industry trends, competitor marketing, press outreach and digital content.
- Assist with other product or e-commerce operations as needed
- Assist in the management of website SEO
- Take part in formal and informal training opportunities
Social Media Marketing
- Help execute social media strategy across platforms
- Assist with scheduling and publishing to social media platforms
- Monitor social media platforms for engagement and assist with community management. Respond to any customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Write copy and build content for social media posts, ads, promotional emails, and other marketing collateral.
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels.
- Update and maintain editorial calendar with key dates and priorities
- Work with Marketing Director on creating design templates for emails, social, webpage, video and more
- Assist with product merchandising and photography
Qualifications / Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Self-starter with ability to work remotely and independently
- Comfortable with multitasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with Shopify a plus
- Familiarity with major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experience with Photoshop and/or other design software (preferred)
- Current or recent undergraduate student with a background in Marketing, Communications, Social Entrepreneurship (preferred)
- 15-20 hours per week with flexibility on days
- Minimum 3-month commitment
- Passion for social impact and interest in marketing
- Must have own computer and reliable internet connection
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Application and compensation
- Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Marketing Intern". In you cover letter, please be sure to let us know why you want to intern at Organic Savanna, your availability (dates and duration), and the internship credit requirements for your university (if applicable). Applications submitted without a CV and cover letter will not be considered.
- This is an unpaid internship position, but may turn into a full-time job for the right intern. Internship can also be completed in exchange for course credit and ongoing career mentorship.
- If intern is located locally, any costs for travel or other approved expenses incurred during the internship will be covered by Organic Savanna.